MW-Sonet - Mentoring rural women through social networking
2009 - 2011
Leonardo da Vinci programme
Lithuanian University of Agriculture, Institute of Agriculture Engineering, Lithuania
- Baltic Education Technology Institute BETI, Lithuania
- National association "iCentres"
- Institute of Communications and Computer Systems
- Hungarian Telecottage Association
- Agricultural University of Iceland
- Programme "Leader" and agriculture training methodical centre at the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Lithuania
- Gazi University
The main aim of MW-Sonet is to involve and stimulate women to become active participants of local community life, to become mentors for other rural woman and all the rural community. A specific aim is to help rural women empower themselves in order to gain more integration into the social infrastructure and be more active in influencing their social and economical environment. We plan to build a social network for international rural women-mentors to share ideas, knowledge and skills, and empower ourselves. MW-Sonet encourages the participants to share ideas in local, national and international communities. Women-mentors will be trained and a network of rural mentors will be established. Outcomes will have a positive impact of rural women for social improvement, self-education and life long learning, improving self-esteem awareness of their own special knowledge and of the needs to change.