Computer Knowledge and Skills for the Comprehensive Development
2010 - 2013
European Structural Funds Project
“Politehnica” University of Timisoara, Romania
The main objective of the project - during the project it is tried to endue Lithuanian citizens with high quality computer literacy skills, paying special attention to the inhabitants of problematic areas, thus helping them to adapt to rapidly changing market needs.
It planned to include in to the project employed and unemployed residents of rural areas of Lithuania.
- 350 participants from Kelmė region municipality
- 1650 participants from Jonava region municipality
- 350 participants from Lazdijai region municipality
- 50 participants from Druskininkai municipality
- 900 participants from Mažeikiai municipality
- 275 participants from Rokiškis region municipality
- 150 participants from Skuodas region municipality
- 75 participants from Šalčininkai region municipality
- 5200 target group participants trained.
Computer literacy training, knowledge and skills will help project participants adjust to the rapidly changing labor market demands, compete in the labor market, encourage the study of information and communication technologies and use them at work and in daily activities. Training of employees will give residents the added value of the employee qualification. Unemployed people who wish to change or get better paid jobs will be able to participate in job search. Unemployed target group of participants in computer literacy training will provide new resources for job search, job soon to help the labor market.
- To improve the level of basic knowledge of information technology and increase the level of competence of usability of personal computers and their software applications, in order to increase the employment of rural population, while emphasizing the incorporation of the target group of 45-year-old people in to the project activities.